Scent Free Deer Hunting
The following is a plan for scent free deer hunting.
- Rubber gloves
- Scent fighting spray
- Scent free soap,body wash, and shampoo
- Scent free deodorant
- Scent free detergent
- Scent free dryer sheets
- Large scent free storage bags
- Scent wafers
- Odor free body wipes
- Scent wicks
- Odorless or fresh earth cover scent
Odor Free Plan
1. Always wear rubber gloves when handling gear.
2. Wash towels and wash cloths to be used on deer hunting dates in scent free detergent. Place in dryer with scent free dryer sheets. Store in odor free storage bags until needed.
3. Wash all hunting garments in scent free detergent. Place in dryer along with dryer sheets. Once dried, hang outside and spray inside and out with scent fighting spray. Allow to dry. Place in storage bags along with a scent wafer.
4. Use scent fighting spray on boots interior and exterior. Dry outside. Place in storage bag with scent wafer.
5. On day of deer hunt, shower with scent free soap, body wash, and shampoo. Use previously prepared towel and wash cloths. Apply scent free deodorant afterwards.
6. Spray all gear and equipment with scent fighting spray. This includes anything to be used in the field.
7. When ever possible, dress in the field. Use body wipes for touch ups. Apply scent fighting spray to each layer of clothing. Wear rubber gloves while dressing and until in the deer stand or blind.
8. Upon arrival at the deer hunting stand or blind, set out scent wicks filled with cover scent in a circle around the site. Reapply scent fighting spray to outer garments. Attach a scent wafer to cap or other clothing.